Tip #4 for increasing the odds:
There are many categories of book clubs, so be sure to submit your title only to the appropriate clubs. Do not send your book to every book club that you can find. Each club’s membership has specific interests so be sure to submit your book only to clubs that might buy—you will again increase your chance of being selected.
For instance, if you have a humor book, it’s unlikely to be of any interest to a cooking club or to a mathematics club. If your book is regional, it will not likely appeal to a general interest book club, so submit that a regional title to suitable specialty clubs.
Tip #5 for increasing the odds:
There are rules to follow when submitting your book to the book clubs, so following them carefully should avoid unnecessary rejections.
Here they are:
1. Send your manuscript to the Editorial department at the appropriate club(s).
2. Include a cover letter that details the following information:
• summary of the book contents
• description of the book (size, binding, hard/soft cover, black & white or color)
• expected selling price
• number of pages
• number and type of photographs and/or illustrations (indicate if black & white or color
• notation if the book will be part of a series